If you're new to CanArtopia, it's where businesses join together to create artistic structures made entirely of canned and boxed foods. See previous structures. The businesses are then judged by the public with each canned or boxed good donated counts as a vote. If you would like to form a team for next years competition sign up below.
Below are a few rules for the competition:
- All food must be non-perishable, not expired and retain original label.
- Art must be constructed of at least 500 non-perishable food items or household supplies. The Amen Food Pantry is in need of many things like shampoo, laundry soap, toothpaste and brushes, cake mixes any type of bagged or boxed dinners, tuna, canned chicken, peanut butter and jelly, beans, soups, canned fruit and vegetables.Velcro, clear and double-faced tape may be used. High-tension rubber bands, nylon string, wire, tie-backs are permissible. No permanent adhesives.
- Art must fit in 10’ wide by 10′ long and 10′ high space.
- The mall area is carpeted and may have uneven flooring. Each team may want to bring a plywood or Masonite base for stability if needed.
- Only team members will be allowed in rooms during construction. Structures are very delicate and care is needed that everyone stays in their space.
- Community members will vote with food items which will serve as their ballot in picking best of show.
- Community members can vote multiple times with multiple food items
- All entries will be featured in Dickinson Press Sunday Accent.
- Awards will be presented for best business and non-profit entries
- After the competition food will need to be wrapped up on pallets by team members. Food will then be donated to food pantry.
- Teams are responsible for leaving their site clean.
Don’t hesitate to call Harvey Brock at 701-456-1201 if you have questions or would like more information.
To sign up fill out the form below.